Mohler was established in 1911, the first year of railroad operation from Portland to Tillamook. The post office was moved from Balm, located a few miles up Foley Creek.
Texaco station in 1937.
The cheese factory was a thriving business as well as popular tourist stop. Today the building serves as the Nehalem Bay Winery.
Today's Nehalem River Inn in 1937.
Mohler showed promise of growth with arrival of the railroad.
The building on Highway 53 currently owned by White Clover Grange was built in 1921 as Mohler elementary school. The Nehalem school district assumed ownership when it merged with Mohler in 1930, then sold the property to the Grange in 1962.
The Mohler bridge over the Nehalem River was a key link from the Oregon coast highway to Wheeler. The route of the highway at the time was today's Highway 53 and Miami/Foley Road.
The flood of January 1934 swept away the Mohler bridge.